In the days leading up to the Just For Laughs Chicago Festival we’ll be shining the spotlight on comedians performing that we dig and hope you like too. Some you might know, some you might not. By the end of all this we hope you will know them all. Dive in.
Moshe Kasher is kind of a hipster jew comedian, but he wears the title proudly. He caters to the younger kids with his flavor of sarcastic wit and often sardonic comedy. His upbringing feels more like a made for Lifetime movie, which includes being abducted by his own mom, drug use even before he was a teenager, and living in a Hasidic Jewish community. All the life experiences make for amazing and hilarious dark tales.
Moshe has peformed on Conan, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, and Chelsea Lately. He’s appeared on Shameless and NBC’s Whitney. He is currently a writer on NBC’s The New Normal.
5 Things to Know About Moshe Kasher
- He’s already got some real stand-up cred and only backed up by the fact that he’s been on tour opening up for the super famous Aziz Ansari.
- He is a co-host of The Champs podcast which also includes Chapelle Show co-creator Neal Brennan.
- Moshe has really hairy arms. No, like ridiculously hairy arms!
- He used to be a sign language interpreter.
- Moshe is an esteemed author! He Kasher in the Rye: The True Tale of a White Boy from Oakland Who Became a Drug Addict, Criminal, Mental Patient, and Then Turned 16.