It’s almost time to watch the ball drop and ring in the new year. As we kick old man 2010 in the ass as he goes out the door and before we all head out to our respective parties to welcome baby 2011 here’s some things in the world of comedy we’re looking forward to in 2011.
- Start the year off right and watch Whitney Cummings drop Snookie from a ball for NYE. I heard a rumor that New York has banned the ball dropping, so they are going to now drop the ball in Seaside Heights.
- The new movie Cedar Rapids starring Ed Helms and featuring the likes of John C. Reilly, Kurtwood Smith, Alia Shawkat, Mike O’Malley, Rob Corddry and Seth Morris.
- Louis C.K.’s special Hilarious will air on Comedy Central followed by a CD and DVD.
- The Hangover 2: It’s coming…and regardless of Todd Phillips’ most recent movie, Due Date not reaching expectations, we’re pretty sure The Hangover 2 is going to probably do just the opposite.
- A 3 hour comedy block Thursday nights on NBC: Yup, with the success of new shows like Outsourced and the return of Parks & Recreation expect an expanded night of laughs every Thursday night.
- The return of a new season of Tosh.0. And while we’re on the topic, there will be a new Daniel Tosh comedy album on the shelves as well.
- Oh that’s right Larry King plans on telling some jokes. We’re looking forward to this because it’s probably going to be awesomely bad, and if its not we’ll get some good comedy.
- Reggie Watts will release a new album that was recorded at Jack White’s 3rd Man Studios.
- The Lonely Island will return with a new album, and they debuted a new track, “I Just Had Sex” on the last episode of SNL.
- The debut of the new TV series Bob’s Burgers which will have the vocal talents of Eugene Mirman, Kristen Schaal, and H. Jon Benjamin.
- Fake sports news, courtesy of The Onion Sports Show which will make it’s debut on Comedy Central.
- Lisa Lampanelli’s comedy special will hit the airwaves.
- Your Highness: the movie featuring Danny McBride, James Franco, and Natalie Portman’s butt.
- Fred Armisen’s Portlandia will premiere on the IFC channel and skewer Northwestern granola hipsters. Beware.
- A new season of Archer begins this January. We’re willing to bet it’s going to be the best comedy out there about a boozy secret agent who’s possibly the most fun in existence, even if he’s animated.
- Season 8 of Curb Your Enthusiasm will be back, with Leon (JB Smoove), with parts happening in NYC and will feature some Ricky Gervais. It’s already the best season and that’s including a season-long Seinfeld reunion.
- Comedy Central’s new series Workaholics debuts. Think Office Space made by the stoners from a Judd Apatow film and you got yourself a series.
What comedy are you looking forward to in the new year? Fire off your picks for 2011 in the comments.