If you are following anyone comedy-related on the Twitter feed you’ll learn the current big news is that comedian Greg Giraldo has been hospitalized after what’s being called an accidental and mistaken prescription pill overdose last night. He was found by a friend and taken to Robert Wood Johnson hospital in New Brunswick, NJ where he’s in critical but stable condition.
Gossip website TMZ.com was the first to report the news and stated Giraldo, “overdosed on prescription pills…but it was not a suicide attempt.”
Giraldo was in New Brunswick for a weekend string of dates at the city’s Stress Factory comedy club. And as of right now, this is the only information that is known, any other speculation at this point would just be that.
UPDATE: The NY Post and Pop Eater are both reporting Giraldo had to be resuscitated when paramedics arrived at his hotel room. His management confirmed this was indeed an accidental overdose. The Post is reporting that as of yesterday (Sunday) afternoon he was breathing on his own.
We’ll keep you posted as we wish Giraldo a speedy recovery.