The Laugh Button is an entertainment website focused on what’s happening in comedy. Established in 2006 as a outlet to showcase stand-up, it has expanded into a platform that also includes live events, strategic media partnerships, podcasting, and more.
Position: An audio & video producer in the greater NYC area.
We’re looking for a part-time podcast producer to work in a fun environment to assist in the recording of The Laugh Button’s growing network of podcasts. This person must have knowledge in audio and video production field including producing, directing, and editing and knowledge of programs such as Adobe Creative suite and Garage Band, specifically Audition and Premiere – After Effects a bonus. Hours are flexible, but the person in this role can expect to be needed at different times during the week and in evenings for show/event recording.
- Must have the understanding that the job is for a comedy network and a sense of humor and easygoing attitude is a must.
- Comprehending the above statement but still able to act professional.
- Able to collaborate with talent.
- 5-7 hours per week.
- Must be located in New York City or willing to travel into the city regularly.
- Highly organized.
- Self motivated with the goal of creating better content.
- Growth hacking and social media engagement strategy.
- Guest research and scheduling.
- Knowledge of best practices for social media & youtube and making content that suites these platforms.
- High-level knowledge of the ever-changing landscape of podcasting.
- Publishing daily content to our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Youtube).
- Devising and deploying a strategy for promotion of our consumer products (podcasts, editorial, records, merch).
- Collaborating with multiple departments in network including marketing, writers, producers, and talent.
- Updating and maintaining a content distribution calendar.
- Ability to generate and edit social media content for publishing such as video, text copy, audiograms, images, memes, etc.
- Strong writing skills as you will be expected to write and edit copy for social posts.
- General understanding of how marketing works.
- Ability to work independently but knows how to collaborate when required.
- Be available for regular meetings (currently by video) to track progress, collaborate on projects, and discuss the job.
- Updating knowledge of the evolving landscape of social media to refresh our strategy as needed.
- Adobe After Effects.
- Graphic Design.
- live streaming platforms.
Interested candidates should email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to work even better.
FREELANCE COMEDY WRITER
Position: Nationwide (Remote)
Do you like writing? Do you like comedy? Do you want write about comedy? Well now is your chance! The Laugh Button – the largest independent comedy website – is looking to add to its ever-growing team of freelance writers to bring fresh voices and unique perspective to its daily coverage. Comedy is universal; it can be found anywhere, at any time, and we’d love for you to help us cover it. Contact us with your resume writing samples, pitches and/or ideas, and join the fastest-growing comedy site in the country. The Laugh Button is comedy. Covered.
Interested candidates should submit resume and writing samples to email@example.com