In this day and age, it’s not uncommon to pay a flat fee for our entertainment. Some of it being monthly, sometimes annually. The folks that run the comedy club, Stand Up NY have a feeling comedy fans might be interested in the same for stand-up comedy.
The club has introduced LaughPass for people and they’re calling it “an annual membership for the ultimate comedy fan.” For a flat fee of $99 a year you will get access to unlimited shows and other perks such as preferred seating and no drink minimums. So, if you find yourself in a comedy club more than a few times a year, this might financially make sense.
Here’s how it breaks down…
- Pay $99 for a yearly pass
- Access to see unlimited shows
- Free drink at the bar before every show
- No drink minimum, ever
- Preferred seating (VIP on first come first serve)
- Advance notice when celebrity comics are added to a show
- Free ticket to bring a friend to each show
- A bottle of wine within a week of your birthday
- Access to LaughPass-only shows and podcast recordings
- Invites to special club events
- VIP black membership card
Alright, let’s apply some of our (admittedly) bad math here… the average comedy ticket at the venue costs a person $20, Stand Up NY has an $18 drink minimum per person for its shows. So at a minimum, one person headed to a comedy show will have to spend over $40 with tax/tip. LaughPass not only waves your drink minimum, but it gives you a drink and a show ticket for a friend. That’s at least a $40 value handed to you when you enter the doors. This isn’t even including any of the other perks like Preferred Seating, special events, and some more free booze.
So, if you attend 3 stand-up comedy shows a year the pass is paid off. Once you go to the 4th show, they’re basically paying you to see shows. So, if you want to add stand-up comedy into your live entertainment mix, the LaughPass has a lot of perks, pick it up here.