If you’ve paid any attention to Whitney Cummings online the last few weeks, you’ve seen something that we can only describe as a “Whitney Robot” popping up in her social feeds. No, we’re not talking about the her human doppleganger but a robotic Real Doll that was made in her likeness.
Well, it turns out that in her new Netflix special, Can I Touch It Cummings addresses the impending robot revolution and how we might be okay with the idea of them replacing some of the tasks that are required of people (particularly women). In her research for the special, she found herself at a factory when she was offered to have a robot made in her likeness and (as they say) the rest was history. While we will not spoil Cumming’s special and the robot-based material it provides, we will share the following fun details about said robot we learned from social media.
- She named the robot Bearclaw… Did we really think “Robot Whitney” would make any more sense?
- Bearclaw has an Instagram handle… follow her for all your Bearclaw-related needs.
- Bearclaw would like to get a date… Whitney just launched a brand new Youtube page and on it includes a video of her working on Bearclaw’s Tinder game.
- Bearclaw took over Netflix’s IG yesterday when the special premiered.
- Bearclaw already has credits… Bearclaw is having a hell of a time bumping elbows with Hollywood. In fact in a brief time she’s already making other comics jealous by appearing on both the Joe Rogan podcast and David Spade’s new TV show Lights Out in the same week.
Whitney Cummings 4th stand-up special, Can I Touch It? is now on Netflix.