Unless you’re an improv nut, you probably wouldn’t know that the guys who act in those quirky Sonic Drive-In commercials are actually some of the most respected performers in the improv game. One-half of those characters is TJ Jagodowski, former Second City Theater improver and current iO teacher/performer.
He’s been in films like Will Ferrell’s Stranger Than Fiction and most recently Oz The Great and Powerful alongside James Franco and Zach Braff. He’s won a boatload of awards and his classes at iO have been some of the most cherished.
Five Things to Know About TJ Jagodowski:
- He was in the first two episodes of Prison Break!
- TJ and his improv partner, David Pasquesi, made a film chronicling their totally improvised original show called Trust Us, This Is All Made Up.
- TJ almost lost his leg during a incident in college where he knocked over a vending machine on his leg after it wouldn’t spit out a bag of Munchos. In his defense, Munchos are f*cking delicious!
- When SNL lost Will Ferrell, they were looking for a personality to replace him and TJ was a top interest. He made to the final audition process to join the cast, but turned it down. Total badass.
- TJ cites 30 Rock’s Jack McBrayer as one of his biggest influences in improv and one of his closest friends.
TJ will be performing on June 11 – iO T heather presents TJ & Dave at Stage 773 at 7:00 PM. The next day, June 12th Up Comedy Club presents the Second City Alumni improv showhow featuring Scott Adsit, Jon Glaser, Kevin Dorff, and David Pasquesi at 8:00 PM.